Every year, the Children’s Book Committee at Bank Street College of Education compile a list of the best children’s books of the previous year. Based on criteria such as literary excellence, quality of illustration, diversity, and emotional impact, these books are recommended for parents, librarians, and children. This year, Bank Street has chosen seven of Painted Words’s books as some of the best books of 2016!
- Spare Dog Parts, written by Alison Hughes and illustrated by Ashley Spires
- Who Wants a Tortoise?, written by David Keane and illustrated by K.G. Campbell
Five to Nine:
- The Quickest Kid in Clarksville, written by Pat Zietlow Miller and illustrated by Frank Morrison
- Mouse Scouts: Make a Difference, by Sarah Dillard
- Don’t Call Me Grandma, written by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson and illustrated by Liz Zunon
Nine to Twelve:
- Fluffy Strikes Back, by Ashley Spires
- Echo Echo: Reverso Poems about Greek Myths, written by Marilyn Singer and illustrated by Josée Masse
Bank Street’s full list of recommended books can be found here. Congratulations to our Painted Words artists and authors!