Please contact us to receive the Idea Book:
Jaime Kim was born and raised in South Korea before moving to the USA when she was 18. Although she was a timid child who was afraid of just about everything, she discovered a sense of serenity in drawing. As a grown-up, Jaime finally stopped being afraid of everything, but kept on drawing and painting. She works with gouache and acrylics to create nostalgic and dreamlike illustrations, inspired by childhood memories of her family, as well as movies, art, and the outside world. Her favorite things are the sun, the moon, the sky and stars – which is why they always creep into her artwork.
Awards / Honors
- 2016 Honorable Mention 3×3 International Illustration Annual
- 2015 Society of Illustrators Comic and Cartoon Annual
- 2015 EMULSION East City Art
- 2015 Society of Illustators Student Competition
- 2014 SCBWI SIS Award Winner